Tuesday, February 5, 2013

5 Years Ago Today...

5 years ago today I got the most amazing phone call of my life. A 10 day old baby was unable to leave the hospital with his first parents...they asked if I was able to take him into my home to love and care for him.  Ohmygoodness Ohmygoodness Ohmygoodness "Oh! Yes!". 7 hours later I met my little man for the first time. In the adoption world, this is know as a "Gotcha Day". This day is usually joyful...but I am always mindful that one of the the happiest days of my life was a very sad day for my son's first parents.


This is a picture of the evening sky the day that my Moo came to me. I love this picture. Silly me did not have a camera the day he came, so this is the only picture I have of this incredibly special day. A good friend took it for me and framed it as a very special gift (thanks L!).

One of my earliest pictures of Moo...just look at that beautiful little face!!! He is 13 days old here.

No comments:

Post a Comment